Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New York Color: #248 Manhattan

I've been a fan of the N.Y.C. brand since I was about 13 years old. I'm not sure when they developed their new formula, the "In a New York Minute" Quick Dry, but I love it! The new colors they've put out in the new formula are fantastic. And it's a much smoother & neater application than the previous NYC colors.

"Manhattan" is a beautiful deep purple/plum color. It's definitely a 2 coater, though to full opacity, as the first coat will come out extremely streaky, and will look like you have two different colors on your nail. But once that second coat goes on, it's plum-tastic! I think I'm going to stash this one until Fall, as it's just too dark for Summer. But come October, it's going to be a winter staple of mine, I'm sure.

Breakdown

Coats to Opacity: 2
Application: Smooth & fluid. A bit streaky, but once top coat is applied, it is mostly free of streaks.
Drying Time: 1-2 mins.
Dries: Glossy
Removal: Easy. No staining.

New York Color is available at Rite Aid, Meijer, & WalMart, and retails for $1.89 per bottle.

No comments: